Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Track Hoe in the Tabernacle

I arrived at the temple site just at sunset tonight and was surprised to see the trucks still working.  The south side trench has been considerably widened.  
All four of these machines were in motion tonight, working together, it seemed.
The pavement which used to be First South was pulled up while I watched.
The track hoe removed dirt from around the piers.  Four piers can be seen in this picture, which support I-beams, which in turn support the shell of the tabernacle.
And this track hoe inside the building was working so fast that I struggled to get a good picture.
The little front-end loader removed the dirt excavated by the inside track hoe.  I can only guess that the boulders were once part of the original foundation.

No comments: