Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Grateful Praise

For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies.
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.
For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon, and stars of light,
Lord of all, to thee we raise 
This our hymn of grateful praise.
For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
For all gentle thoughts, and mild.
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise.

4 comments:

JayBingham said...

We drove through Provo last night and since we were dropping off a passenger in Provo we decided to take a quick trip around the temple. It is beautiful, and we enjoyed the experience. I was surprised at how close the east side is to the street. I am guessing that the street has been widened since I was a student at BYU so many years ago.
Was that you taking pictures on the north side of the temple about 6 pm?

Julie Markham said...

I believe I was finished taking pictures last night just as the sun was setting. I think it was about 5. I don't think the street has widened since you were in college, or since I was, either. When I look at old pictures, I don't think anything has changed in that regard. I'm glad you got a chance to see how beautiful the temple is at night. The fountain is undergoing a little tweaking, and when it's running again, my intention is to take some night pictures.

JayBingham said...

We were there just before sunset, so we did not get to see it at night, but it was beautiful none the less.
This definitely not the right time of day to be heading west on Center street and trying to get back on the freeway.

Julie Markham said...

Mornings. I can recommend that route much earlier in the day.