Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Pour in the Morning

Jacobsen crews were already at work pouring a new slab when I arrived at the site at 4 a.m.
The sounds at this hour were eerie.  The concrete pump made loud, squishy noises every 3 seconds.
Cement trucks arrived about every five minutes in order to keep the pump busy.
I was surprised to see a line of cement trucks along First West.  Another big pour was happening next door at the Nu Skin site.  From the post office lot, I could hear both pumps squishing, a bizarre symphony accompanied by the rumble of engine noise.
Somehow the basement looks the same, even at this hour. 
But the tabernacle, it's always amazing to see!

3 comments:

CJAllred said...

There are perks for being known by the crew. I'll bet it's preferable to pour that much cement in the cooler temperature at 4:00 in the morning and also allow the parade of cement trucks traffic-free efficiency. Your dedication is amazing. Thanks for the constant updates.

Julie Markham said...

I agree. I am friends with the Okland construction guard. She told me their crew would pour until they finished, hopefully about 8 am, and then they would have the entire holiday weekend off. I wonder if the same is true for the Jacobsen crews.

Jude said...

Great Job as usual. Thanks. I really enjoy seeing it in the early morning hour.