Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Green, Sunny Day

The new fence is growing around the temple.
This part of the post office lot next to the temple grounds was ready for paving this afternoon.
In fact, the man in the yellow vest was telling the painter on the ladder that the asphalt machine was on its way and he'd have to move.
I hope no one is disappointed that I deliberately missed this, but I do have experience with asphalt.
Our new fountain is still magnificent.
I'm ready for water, but I'm not sure it is.
The east side has received more concrete.  Notice the dirt.  Because there is no underground parking or annex on this east side, they don't need the lightweight geofoam.
This side looks over University Avenue and will probably be seen the most.
Well, except for Moroni, who can be seen for quite a ways in every direction.
The west side is getting more fence.
I feel a need to keep checking on the beehive gate posts on this side, even though they aren't going anywhere.
They, in turn, keep an eye on the fountain.
The fence might play a role, also.
Greenery is starting to block my views.
The temple grounds are turning into a downtown forest.
Don't laugh, but I actually tried hard to take a good picture of the pavilion.
My efforts captured a peek inside from the west.
The best view I found was from University Avenue.  This space along the construction fence used to be completely blocked with lots of stuff.  Believe it or not, they are tidying it up.
At some point the sidewalk will come down this far, but not as long as this is still a delivery route.
Black fabric is now covering the geofoam in preparation for dirt.
Bushes and trees wait to be planted.
Action in the south pit has calmed down.
The concrete cylinders are bases for exterior lighting.  They will be buried in flower beds.
This entrance to the temple is now visible.  Another is directly below it.
With the fountain right here, I'm sure this will be the favored entry.
Masons continue to work on the sandstone planters.  This styrofoam rope which fits behind the mortar is called single cell backer rod.  The mason told me it has a little give to it.
I tried to peek in the open north doorway and saw this man lift.  I think the temple was built around several of these.
The guys in white pants have a lot of work ahead of them.  The gray is an epoxy, a heavy-duty primer coat which needs to be brushed or rolled on.  The black finish coat is sprayed over the grey.
I used to enjoy taking beautiful pictures from Second South, but that may not happen again for awhile.
Workmen and their environments are everywhere.
My camera peeked in to see what this man was doing.  I think he's building puzzle pieces.
That's what this has been:  one enormous puzzle.
Watching it all come together has been quite an adventure.
The best is yet to come, though.

1 comment:

Katshrnk said...

Terrific! I love these pics.